It is currently Sun 19 Nov, 2017 2:37 pm

Howard Weston

For a wide range of agility issues
Forum information
This is a public area of the board, for agility topics of general interest. Click on the Board Index link to see the full list of sections available to post in.

Please use the various Shows sections further down the board for questions about specific agility shows. If you are searching for clubs in particular areas, or trying to contact someone, your query should be posted in the Members Only section.

Howard Weston

Postby Pam Costello on Tue 07 Jan, 2014 3:09 pm

I post this terribly sad news On behalf of Top Dog Agility / Otley DTS / Wakefield Agility and the many clubs Howard Weston was associated with....
It is with great sadness that Howard has lost his long fight this morning with a cruel illness that he couragously battled.
He will be greatly missed by all who knew him, the agility world has lost one of the good guys and all who knew him will agree. He was sincere and genuine and always there to help if needed.
Howard was seen regularly at many many shows over many years....he never just competed but was always there in a helping role giving his time selflessley.
Howard was a gentleman and a friend to many....agility today has lost a true shining star. Rest In Peace Howard you will be sorely missed by all who knew you.
Sincere condolences to his wife Alex.
Pam Costello

Re: Howard Weston

Postby Emma Davis on Tue 07 Jan, 2014 3:16 pm

That is such sad news and everything you have said about this lovely man was so true. I am sure he will long be remembered throughout the world of agility
Emma Davis

Postby Liz Finchett on Tue 07 Jan, 2014 3:42 pm

RIP Howard, a hug, a smile and a helping hand

Liz
Liz Finchett

Postby Fiona Hulse on Tue 07 Jan, 2014 6:12 pm

One of the truly great people in Agility, and for none of the usual reasons like gold medals though he had his share of success. Simply because he lit up every show he attended with his enthusiasm, helpfulness and good nature. I was very fond of him, bumping into him at a show always brightened up my day. Much love to all his family at a very sad time. :tears:
Fiona & Bliss x
Standard Height Supporters Group
Fiona Hulse
Agility Addicts
Agility Addicts

Postby Pam Ellwood on Wed 08 Jan, 2014 11:48 am

Never did anything by halves did Howard, whether inside the ring or out. You could hear him running his dogs a mile off and the look of disappointment on his face if he thought he hadn't been asked to help enough........

Try to give him a thank you? Forget it. Cheques went uncashed and free run vouchers unused.

He was a character to say the least, and if everyone only did a fraction of what he put into agility we'd be spoilt for help to run our shows.

Bye Howard. :wave: and thanks for everything. It'll be strange without you.
Pam Ellwood

Postby Sue Lang on Wed 08 Jan, 2014 7:35 pm

We were sorry to hear that Howard was ill, and missed seeing him around the shows. It is sad that he has now died.
Howard was always so friendly, helpful and kind. If you were uncertain how to handle a course he was willing to suggest ways of handling it, and if you did well he would be so pleased for you.
He will be missed
Sue and Maudetta
Sue Lang

Postby Gillian Barrett on Wed 08 Jan, 2014 8:35 pm

Howard will be greatly missed - he seemed to turn up everywhere I went for many years and really enjoyed helping. I was so pleased to see him at a show last year and he greeted me with a big hug. Agility has lost one of its memorable characters. RIP Howard.
Gillian Barrett

Postby Julie Threlfall on Wed 08 Jan, 2014 9:02 pm

Howard was a lovely man, it always made me smile to see (and hear :D ) him running his dogs.
He will be sorely missed around the agility rings.
Julie Threlfall

Postby Sue Jones on Thu 09 Jan, 2014 10:11 am

This is really sad news. Howard was a really lovely man and will be greatly missed by many.
Sue Jones

Postby Mary McKie on Thu 09 Jan, 2014 3:21 pm

I can only echo what others have said. Howard was a true gent and an amazing character and agility shows in the north of England will not be the same without him. Condolences to his family.xx
Mary, Corrie, Todd and Breeze
Dogs with Epilepsy Support Group
Mary McKie

Return to The Agility Forum