It is currently Mon 20 Nov, 2017 9:35 am

Harnesses

For everything else to do with our dogs
Forum information
This is a public area of the board.

Harnesses

Postby Mary McKie on Sat 22 Dec, 2012 9:38 am

Can anyone recommend a really good, strong and comfortable dog harness, preferably with a front D ring. I have had the dog games one, which lasted 15 months (maybe this is all I can expect with a very strong dog who spends a lot of time in mud?).

Need to do some research, but need a replacement asap.

Mary, Corrie, Todd and Breeze
Dogs with Epilepsy Support Group
Mary McKie

Re: Harnesses

Postby Jan Stubbs on Sat 22 Dec, 2012 5:16 pm

The Hurtta harness are strong - I have the older style but the Pro Padded Y Harness might be a good option. I prefer them to the fleece once with all this mud around. No front ring - but I guess you could add one.

There are also these which might be more what you're looking for. I've had there fleece versions which are much the same as any other's - but I've not tried the water resistant ones - but I've been tempted!
http://www.xtradog.com/shop/harnesses/w ... lling.html
Jan Stubbs

Postby Mary McKie on Sun 23 Dec, 2012 4:13 pm

That one looks really intersting Jan - especially as the problem is that Breeze spends a lot of her time in mud and water (she doesn't just look all spaniel! :roll: ), which caused her Dog Games harness to rot. A bit more research needed, but definitely seems the favourite so far :)
Mary McKie

Postby Jan Stubbs on Mon 24 Dec, 2012 12:15 pm

Yes it looks like it might be good - but at that price I'd like someone to test them out for me before I'd buy one!!!! :) :winking:

I bought all mine fleece harnesses but stopped using them cos they hold the water too much. I bought my Hurtta harnesses each for about £15 or less each - they were selling them off cheap last year. I go for the Hurtta now though cos it's the only harness that is simple enough for all members of my family to put on and off without getting tied up in knots!

If you test that one out or find a better option please let me know! :flowers:
Jan Stubbs

Postby Mary McKie on Thu 27 Dec, 2012 9:45 am

I have ordered the Xtra Dog waterproof one (with a front D ring). A few people on facebook said they had these and that they were very good.

I will let you know what they're like :)
Mary McKie

Return to The Canine Forum